Who we are
DARAG Group Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries (hereinafter “DARAG”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are the data controllers as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations. We control and are responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files.
We highly value the trust that you place in us and we are committed to protect the security of your Personal Data and to ensure that your rights according to the data protection laws and regulations.
Processing of Personal Data
DARAG may collect and use your personal data in its normal course of business for the following insurance purposes:
- advising on, arranging, underwriting or administering an insurance contract;
- administering a claim under an insurance contract; or
- exercising a right, or complying with an obligation, arising in connection with an insurance contract, including a right or obligation arising under an enactment or rule of law, for example the subrogation of claims to other insurers.
How we will process Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract which we have entered with you;
- where we need to comply with comply with a legal obligation;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of third parties, provided that such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of Personal Data.
We may also process your Personal Data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- where we need to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person;
- where it is required in the public interest or for official purposes.
How we use particularly sensitive Personal Data
Special categories of Personal Data require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of Personal Data. We may process special categories of Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- in limited circumstances, with Your explicit written consent;
- where we need to carry out our legal obligations;
- where it is needed in the public interest;
- where it is needed to assess your working capacity on health grounds, subject to appropriate confidentiality safeguards;
- where it is needed in relation to the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Less commonly, we may need to process sensitive Personal Data where it is needed to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of other persons and you are not capable of providing consent or where you have already made the information public.
We will not use Personal Data for any other purpose which is incompatible with the purposes described in this Notice, unless such use is required or authorised by Law, authorised by you or is in your own vital interest (such as in the case of medical emergency).
Disclosure of Information to Others
We may pass your Personal Data to other entities within DARAG Group, third parties such as intermediaries, insurers, reinsurers, claims managers, loss adjusters, sub-contractors, and to certain regulatory bodies who may require your personal data themselves and process it for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We will provide the names of such third parties upon request from you. Moreover we may also share your Personal Data to prevent, detect and/or suppress fraud.
We do not disclose any of your personal data to any third parties except as set out in our Privacy Notice or as permitted by law or authorised by you.
Transfer of Personal Data to other Jurisdictions
We may share your Personal Data with third parties established both within and outside the European Economic Area, subject to observance with all confidentiality safeguards applicable according to Law.
We will take appropriate measures to protect Personal Data and sensitive Personal Data, which are consistent with the applicable privacy and data security Law and regulations, including requiring third party service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data and sensitive Personal Data.
Data Integrity and Retention
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data and sensitive Personal Data processed by us, is reliable for its intended use and is accurate and complete for carrying out the purposes described in this Notice. We will retain Personal Data and sensitive Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by Law.
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- obtain your personal data in electronic format for onward transmission by you to another entity without hindrance from us; and
- file a complaint with us and/or with the competent data protection supervisory authority
Please contact our data protection officer if you have further questions, suggestions or wishes regardoing data protection:
FIRST PRIVACY GmbH
Phone: +49 421 69 66 32 80
It is important that you include your name, email address and purpose of your request when contacting us. Please note, however, that certain Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data may be exempt from such access, correction and erasure requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time, and will upload the most current version on our website.